Revolut, the global financial super app, has surpassed 20 million retail customers worldwide and now processes over 250 million transactions per month. Both of these achievements come as Revolut celebrates its seventh anniversary.
Revolut continues to expand its global workforce, surpassing 5,000 employees worldwide. Over the past year, Revolut has opened multiple offices in locations including New York, Tokyo, Madrid, Barcelona, Paris, Mexico City, Berlin, Budapest and Bucharest. Additionally, new offices in Mumbai and Bangalore are expected to open later this year.
Launched in the UK in 2015, Revolut offers money transfer and exchange. Today, more than 20 million of its retail customers worldwide use dozens of innovative Revolut products, including peer-to-peer payments, Saving Vaults, Junior, Stays and Trading.
Over the past twelve months, Revolut has launched a variety of new features, including Payment on demand in the UK, personalized Loans in Ireland and was named one of the TIME100 most influential companies. With services in 36 countries, the journey continues as Revolut seeks to expand into new markets including India, Mexico and Brazil.
Helped by collaborations with influencers over the past year such as Liam Payne, Anthony Joshua and Simon Wilson, Revolut’s total social media following has grown to over 1.4 million, and it recently launched a ICT Tac Account.
In Romania, the super-app was launched in May 2018 and has a penetration rate of 26% among the working-age population in the country, being considered by fintech users as the most popular solution on the market. Today, Revolut is the #1 financial app in the local market for both Android system users and iOS fans, and is the most used fintech app in the country with 78%* Romanian fintech users who are Revolut customers.
Revolut’s top five countries by number of retail customers are:
- UK – Revolut’s home market and its largest with 4.8 million customers. The average age of our customers is 39 years old, 11% of customers are over 55 years old
- Romania – 2 million customers. With 420,000 users in Bucharest, the Romanian capital has the highest number of Revolut users of any city in the EU, and the second globally after London. One in three Bucharest residents of working age has a Revolut account.
- Ireland – 1.9 million customers. A third of the population of 5 million (and half of adults with a smartphone) use Revolut – and Revolut is used as a verb
- Poland – 1.7 million customers. Following the launch of free accounts dedicated to Ukrainian refugees, Poland is home to more than 50,000 refugee accounts (out of a total of more than 170,000 in the EU)
- France – 1.5 million customers. Revolut recently launched local IBANs in France to offer fully compatible accounts in the French market
Nikolay Storonsky, Managing Director, commented:
“Revolut reaching 20 million customers and 250 million transactions per month is another milestone that we are proud of.
When we launched Revolut seven years ago, we wanted to give people more control over their financial well-being through the use of our technology, offering a service that met all their financial needs in one place. We are still a young company, but our growth over the past few years shows the growing demand for our products all over the world.
As significant as this milestone is, we are only at the beginning of our journey and intend to continue pushing the boundaries of financial innovation to create the world’s first global financial superapp. This is just the beginning…”
Vlad Yatsenko, co-founder and CTO, commented:
“In just seven years, Revolut has grown exponentially. We now have over 5,000 people, with new long-serving employees helping to deliver to our customers on a daily basis.
Today’s announcement, along with the company’s seventh anniversary, is one to savor and enjoy, but it’s also proof that there’s still a lot more to come in this space. We remain focused on developing new and innovative products for our customers, and we look forward to celebrating the next step in the near future. »